Ian Saxine, author of Properties of Empire, will be discussing his book at the Oak Park Public Library, Main Branch, on June 29, 2019 from 2:00 – 4:00 PM.
- Finalist, 2019 C. Wright Mills Award, given by the Society for the Study of Social Problems, for Margaret A. Hagerman’s White Kids: Growing Up with Privilege in a Racially Divided America May 22, 2019
- Co-Winner, 2019 Latina/o Section Distinguished Contribution to Research Book Award, given by the American Sociological Association, for Immigrants Under Threat: Risk and Resistance in Deportation Nation by Greg Prieto May 22, 2019
- Winner, 2019 Isis Duarte Book Prize, given by the Haiti / Dominican Republic Section of the Latin American Studies Association for Dixa Ramírez, Colonial Phantoms: Belonging and Refusal in the Dominican Americas, from the 19th Century to the Present May 14, 2019
- Winner, 2019 Inaugural Outstanding Ethnography Book Award, given by the Ethnography in Education Research Forum: Motherhood across Borders: Immigrants and Their Children in Mexico and New York by Gabrielle Oliveira March 21, 2019
- Winner, 2019 Anna Julia Cooper & CLR James Book Award, given by the National Council of Black Studies: Upending the Ivory Tower: Civil Rights, Black Power, and the Ivory League by Stefan M. Bradley March 21, 2019