Assistant Director & Editor-in-Chief
American Studies, Culture/Literature/Media, American Cultural History
Sociology, Criminology, Politics, Women's Studies
Religion, Psychology, Anthropology
Book Proposal Guidelines
NYU Press welcomes the submission of book proposals for the fields in which we publish.
Please include in your book proposal:
- an abstract or a description of your manuscript (1–2 pages)
- a description of the intended reader/audience for this book, including primary academic fields likely to be interested and courses for which the book could have potential adoption
- a list of three or four competing books, and how your book will distinguish itself from the competition
- annotated table of contents, including brief chapter summaries
- estimated length of the manuscript in words, including notes and bibliography
- number and type (color, b/w, maps, tables, etc.) of illustrations, if any
- estimated date by which the manuscript will be complete
- if the book is edited, contributor biographies
Additionally, please include one or two sample chapters (preferably the introductory chapter), your current C.V. or resume, mailing address, telephone number, and email address. Please address your submission to only one editor. Proposals should not be sent through email.
Please mail a hard copy of proposal materials to:
New York University Press
838 Broadway, 3rd Floor
New York, NY 10003-4812
Current NYU Press Authors
Tip for the AQ: After downloading the Text Document, go to File > Save as. . .txt in browser window to save. Then open the file in any word processor to view or enter information. After completed, the forms can be e-mailed back as attachments.